Dental treatment fees at Stricklands
* This applies when at least one parent attends within their own recommended examination schedule within the last 12 months.
Please click here to download our private fee guide
- Please note that all periodontal (gum) therapy, endodontic (root canal) therapy, adult and children’s orthodontics and more difficult children’s dentistry, biopsies, complex extractions and implant surgery will be referred to our in-house specialist tem.
- Crown fees include: special impression tray construction, bite registration and facebow recording where these are required at the time of preparation. A shade selection undertaken by a laboratory technician may be chargeable, if needed.
- If you are nervous about a procedure, please inform us. We shall be very pleased to answer any questions you may have and, if necessary, to arrange for hypnotherapy, oral sedation, conscious sedation (happy gas) or intravenous sedation to meet your exact requirements.
- Missed appointment/late cancellation charges may apply depending upon length of appointment (see below)
- We do not want the barrier to healthy teeth, healthy gums or desired cosmetic treatment to be financial. Once you have met our team and had an estimate and treatment plan, our practice manager, would be happy to discuss various methods of payment to suit you.
Cancelling or failing to attend an appointment
Patients are requested to give at least 24 hours notice to cancel or rearrange a dental appointment. Cancellations should be made by telephone or email to our reception team on 01428 654923 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Within a 2 year period, the following procedure applies:
(discretion to be used in case of genuine emergency or death in family etc.)
Patient is advised that we do have a cancellation policy and reserve the right to apply a fee for lost appointment time. However, we do understand that sometimes circumstances dictate short notice cancellation or missed appointments so, on this occasion there will not be a charge.
SECOND OCCURRENCE (within 2 years of first occurrence)
Patient is sent a standard letter advising of policy and fee that will be charged at the next offence. Owning dentist to be consulted before letter is sent (in case of extenuating circumstances).
THIRD OCCURRENCE (within 2 years of first occurrence)
Patient is sent a standard letter advising a fee for lost appointment time has been applied and must be paid prior to arranging another appointment. Owning dentist to be consulted before letter is sent (in case of extenuating circumstances). Fee applied will be £15 per 10 minutes wasted for dental appointments and £10 per 10 minutes wasted for hygienist appointments.